• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Injector Return lines

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks very nice. hope those small hoses have good specs. hate to have one to short! how are those hoses to bend and install? definately nice having those crimped hoses like that though, they wont leak at all!

Westech

CPL
The hose is rated to 250 Working PSI so that is over 5 times more then they need to be. To install them is a snap, no problem getting them in place. In fact I would say better then the crap that comes from the factory!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got to ask, why do you think these hoses and fittings are better than the stock setup or DOT tubing? I'm in no way doubting your work. I'm just wondering why you went this route. I guess what I'm asking is for you to sell me on your setup.

Westech

CPL
I have been around the MV world for a couple months and I have seen my share of crushed fittings, leaky hose, missing tube inserts, dry cracked brittle line. If I have a issue with anything I just have to unscrew a fitting and done.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have been pretty disappointed with the brittle lines. Yeah, I know they are older than me, still sucks when I break one.

Westech

CPL
Kits I don't think so.... As it sits I will have around 350 bucks in fittings, lines and filter assembles for it.
If I were to do it over again I would buy one of Westfolks Fuel filter kits and then do my lines. There is a lot of custom work and I dont think I would be able to make a set that fits every truck with no issues. If anyone wants new fuel lines I could make them custom for each truck.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kits I don't think so.... As it sits I will have around 350 bucks in fittings, lines and filter assembles for it.
If I were to do it over again I would buy one of Westfolks Fuel filter kits and then do my lines. There is a lot of custom work and I dont think I would be able to make a set that fits every truck with no issues. If anyone wants new fuel lines I could make them custom for each truck.
I was under the impression from reading your original post that you were making these kits to sell. :?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about a list of parts/fittings and sizes?
I know you can buy a crimper and the crimps at most welding supply stores. It appears to be the same crimp that is put onto gas hoses for cutting and welding.

Westech

CPL
I was but the more I get in to it, it will not be cost effective and a TON of work for the average Joe. I do not think anyone will be willing to pay over $500.00 bucks for a westfolk filter set up and Westy lines.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was but the more I get in to it, it will not be cost effective and a TON of work for the average Joe. I do not think anyone will be willing to pay over $500.00 bucks for a westfolk filter set up and Westy lines.
That's kind of what I tought after looking at it. That's what I was kind of getting at in my first post.

The new lines look great and I'm sure are as good or better than OEM but after looking at all those shiny new fittings and all the time spent putting it all together, I knew it was going to be a little pricey. It may very well be worth it but it would be hard to sell very many kits at that price (deuce owners are cheap :wink:).

westfolk

I had thought about doing the same thing to go along with my secondary fuel kit. It's the price of those fittings that kill the whole idea. So I just went with the 3 main lines relative to the filter housing. I re-use the 3 fittings on the IP side. Only because if I added just those 3 fittings it would jack the price up a good piece. Plus people want it as easy as possible.

timb1956

does anyone know where to get the unuvalve that sits on top of intake above turbo.? it has two plastic lines running into it. one runs to top of injectors and smaller one runs to intake. mine is leaking fuel onto turbo housing. Sorry no pics

Westech

CPL
Well I installed Westfolks Primary Fuel Filter kit (100% SWEET and a true bolt on) so I had the filter housing on the work bench and I was like "OMG I gotz a idea" I took the filter off the air pump (really NASTY, you all should take that out and clean it!!) and put in a 1/2NPT-5/8 hose fitting and I used the old filter housing.... I cleaned it out, installed a new filter, removed the drain valve (to let water drain if it sucks up any) and bolted it to the fire wall.... Now my Air pump has a filter that I can change for about 5 bucks and it has a drain if it sucks up any water!.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
so I had the filter housing on the work bench and I was like "OMG I gotz a idea"
Are you sure your white? There is a certain amount of "rigging" going on here!

You should put that plug in the bottom of the housing, depending on how you plumbed it, it could be a bypass for the filter, not to mention, its a water block filter. It will trap any moisture that gets in there. At least you can take quality pics.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks