• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce is blue

ncduece

i just purchased it from lejune nc and while looking it over i can tell it was first painted a dark blue color the guy that helps on the vin info here said it was a 1952 model that had been upgraded to the a2. would that make it a air force truck made by Studebaker as there is no manufacturer data on the truck ? i did a search and came up with strata blue for air force trucks. now its painted camo. does anyone know how long it might have stayed in the air force and would that mean lighter service? i need a new j pipe what the best place to get one and what can i expect to pay. any salvage yards yard here in the east coast of nc? thanks!

Garlstedt

I also picked up a deuce that is blue underneath. It also was originally produced in 1952. My understanding is that it was manufactured by REO, and has a new multi-fuel engine. Mine came to me through the Oklahoma National Guard, but I'd love to know where it spent its earlier life. Did you find out anything more about blue AF deuces?

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,don't know about lighter use but the USAF is totally ANAL about upkeep and documentation.If they just THINK about turning a bolt they document it.