• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce jacking procedure

fasttruck

If you have not disturbed the lug nuts on your truck lately they are likely in the grip of much rust and paint. If you happen to have a 1" impact wrench they will likely come off. However the issue tools in the vehicle's OVM probably will not be adequate. Remember the hardware on the driver's side has left handed threads. If you happen to have wheels off on both sides of the truck at the same time keep the lug nuts separate. Pic illustrates solution discussed in post 14.

Attachments

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a Harbor Freight "Earthquake" 3/4" electric wrench. It breaks 'em all loose without any nonsense, will do one whole side of the truck on a charge

Easy to carry around in it's little suitcase, with room for the socket. < $300 OTD.

DDG

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also used normal tools with force extenders before I had the wrench.

07072011301.jpg

But beware, sometimes between a stubborn nut and a long-enough lever to move the world, the tool becomes the weakest point, and if your lucky then you only will find yourself laying on the ground asking wtf just happened.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks