• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Jackshaft

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks like front axle is engaged but have no light?
Video shows it with truck moving fwrd or backwards but can not upload.
This means I have driven the last 200 miles in AWD.
How do I find what makes the light come on for front air axle?
Saw a truck today that said 4X4 painted on the side (factory)
Does that mean I should paint 10X10 on mine?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Because the front axle doesn't have lock out hubs(it has spline caps) the front wheels turn the drive shaft. The front wheels don't receive power from the transfer case till air shift lever is switched and an air plunger turns on the front drive shaft output.

If you'd like to test this, pull the bolts out of the front axle's spline caps and drive around the block, I bet the shaft doesn't move.

I have a set spline caps that had the splines machined out. I install those while driving on the road and swap to stock caps when off roading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks