• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce jumps in reverse

supermechanic

If you mean the transfer case jumps to neutral while backing up, this could be as easy as checking the linkages for enough slack, and seeing to the engine and tranny mount bolts being tight.
In certain cases, combination of somethings being too loose, and others tight could cause a problem like this.
This is the 'lucky you' scenario.
The 'unlucky you' scenario involves instalation of a new transfer case.
Others will chime in with more info.
I have had this problem,(in a 5 ton) my final solution was a replacement.

Flyingvan911

I think the OP means the truck lunges when moving backward. Give it a little gas and it should smooth out. It is just all the forces coming together to make the truck bounce and wiggle.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How high?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted a thread on this long ago but can't seem to find it while simultaneously cooking chow. It's just how it is, give her some gas to steady out and roll in low gear. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks