• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce ladder question

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Scott, I was talking about the Troy show this weekend, but if you will be at the Merango show at exit 140 on the 22nd I can bring it there too.

cjcottrill

I don't know if he sold them all or not, I bought a nice aluminum ladder from DOCFARMAL at the Findlay show. It has tabs that drop into corresponding slots in the tailgate. It also has holes for the handrails which could be bent from EMT conduit. It is light weight, loads in and out of the truck easy, perfect fit. The slots were cut in the tailgate of my truck by the National Guard unit before I picked it up. They must have used the same setup.

gunboy1656

I would rather give money to members here, but the organization that is buying this for me wants it to come from a company. So I forwarded them the information from Spruce Mtn. Just make up my own hand rails.

The ladder for the cargo truck seems to be more versatile then the one on the 109's. And my truck does not have the slots in it for the 109's ladder attachments.

1stSarge

A few more shots. Last one shows the handle stowed. There are cargo bows in some pics, kinda confusing, sorry.
No that is perfect. I can see exactly what I wanted. Thank you for going to the trouble.

What I have in mind is to fab up the rail so that it stows just like pic #4 out of some steel pipe maybe ¾” and a 90 and a couple of 45’s, then to mount it, using a larger pipe to slip the other into, cut pieces, weld or bolt, drill and pin them either in the erected position or the stowed position.

Thought about using conduit and bending it, but not sure how strong that would be.

Chris, no extra trouble needed, except maybe advice. I did steal one of your pics that is appropriate here.

Sorry gunboy, but maybe this might help.

Attachments

Last edited:

gunboy1656

1stSarge, Don't apologize this is the info I am looking for, but instead of using elbows I want to make mine from one piece. Still the same idea though.

Bill W, is there any wobble when using the handrail? or is it pretty solid?

Bill W

Its very stiff
I have it so the rail ends slide into tubes on the ladder and as you can see by the scuff marks on the paint that they fit into each other quite snug., I had the correct aluminum ladder on my first deuce and that handrail had more play in it then this one

Attachments

1stSarge

Wow Bill, that is exactly what I was thinking, with the added ability of stowing it on the back of the ladder so I can carry it in the rack on the back. Love the pins and the holders.

So ¾ conduit works OK… I think I will try that route first then.

Thank you guys.

Attachments

HawkeyeMech

Has anyone seen any of the 6 step ladders for the M934 Trucks lately? I'm hoping to find one if the price is right although I'd really like to find one of the fold-down platforms too.

Thanks!aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks