• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce LDT Injection Pump Rebuild

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Does anyone have any reccomendations on who to send a deuce IP to?
truck is running great, but I am still putting fuel in the crankcase. I don't want any extra performance, just stop the leaks.

Edit:
the truck has a "D" block with a "D" turbo

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you replaced the oring under the hydraulic head and is your FDC disconnected?

tenmilebay

Shiver Diesel Inc. in Tifton Ga. has helped me over the years with IP's and injectors. Most recently with the head off the Ip of my duece.Ask for Jerry if you call.
(229) 382-1595
Hope this helps!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Re: injection pump

101ABSniper said:
not to hihjack but where is the o ring at? mine just started leaking and seems to be coming from the top were the lines are
literally under the hydraulic head, which is right below where the injector lines connect

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: deuce LDT Injection Pump Rebuild

Do you have a different hydraulic head,that you could use? Since your fdc is bypassed, there is no fuel anywhere but in the hydraulic head.

Also, are you doing alot of running it without getting up to temperature? Have you had your oil tested?

Towerguy1

Ive been dealing with the same issue on my truck. Seems 30 year old rubber isn't quite the same as it used to be.... go figure. Just have it resealed at a good shop and your troubles should go away. I took the same steps and had the same symtoms as your haveing.

kaiser2help

You may also want to check the seal that is around the IP booster pump gear. If you check my post you will have some good illustrations to go by. The booster pump is on he side of the pump mounted by two bolts and fuel right from your primary fuel filter enters this booster before anywhere else. The gear and shaft that drives the pump is known to fail. It is not uncommon. any of the well known name parts distributors sell the seal kit. Hope this helps. My post is titled booster pump.

Racky

There are 2 TMs For removal an installation of injector pump TM 9-2320-361-34 section 5-4 . The illustrations in this one are ok and it tells you how to make a pump gear head wrench. The second one is TM 9-2815-210-34-2-2 section 5-33 this is in the engine rebuild section the illustrations are much clearer. As for diesel in the motor oil I agree with bypassing compensator first. If that doesnt work the o rings under the HP head unit have to be the culprit.I just got done changing my HP head it wasnt that bad. The hardest part was using a mirror to line up the tooth on the plunger gear and the pointer under the shut down lever. Just take your time and remember to clean before disassembly all areas affected. CLEAN PARTS ARE HAPPY PARTS!

Hope this helps
Racky

kaiser2help

Racky will the o rings on the underside of the IP head cause the fuel to leak from the top of the head? Like it looks like its leaking from that bolt in the center.

Racky

No those O rings will not do that. I think there is a O ring on that bolt but Im not sure. I have a old hp head in the garage.Tomorrow I will take the bolt out and let you know what I find.

Racky

Racky

I took the top bolt in the middle of the injector lines out of the hydraulic head. There was no o ring or copper gasket. It looked like a machine fit to me. Maybe the truck had some work back at the depot and they lost the bolt and threw another in its place.I would just take it out clean it up and put it back in. If it still leaks I would take it out and get a copper o ring that just fit the bolt and try that. But before you do all that get some brake clean and clean the whole hp head [cold engine] wait for it to dry. Than have somebody start it for you and watch to make sure one its not leaking from one of your injector lines and running down.

Hope this helps
Racky

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks