• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce life expectancy.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Earth, No my seal wire has been gone for years. I turned the fuel rate up back when i was assigned to it in the fire dept. There are a few guys on here that have ridden in mine and will tell you it's much faster than most M35's. No i don't have the spin on adaptors. The oil filters are common and easy for me to get. Not that i have anything aginst the spin on's. They work graet from what i've read on here. I do think some of this has to do with speed. I only run about 45MPH. My civi truck will run 100MPH. But i don't drive it that hard. So i don't think running a multi at max speed it a good idea eather. I do run it up to redline when accelerating espacilly with a load. I do have to say alot of my milage came when my civi truck's engine blew and my M35 was my only transport.

lonegunman

Hey Lonegunman, you re-wrote your post. :?
Sorry about the rewrite, I was trying to make it friendlier and more to the point. ;)

I really like my deuce, at 48mph I am not out running anyone but it runs nice. I'm lucky on my truck that it had some random paperwork under the seats that showed the milage and hours over about four years.

For me the biggest selling point of a deuce is the lack of computerized garbage and the availability of parts, even the A3 has most stuff available. The one computerized thing is the CTIS which is close to junk. Mine worked for a few days and died, nearly every one I've seen is about the same. They always work best when switched off.

My first guard unit's A2's had no miles on them, of twenty-five or so, most had 1500-2500 miles and the five we used regularly had lots more. I really liked driving them. They always started and we convoyed them a few times a year for training or summer camp. I hated to see them go when we downsized and got the new FMTV.

Akicita

I don't have statistical data to back this up, but I think much regarding the life expectancy of a multifuel depends on the fuel it burns. Multifuels are compression engines that run on a large variety of fuels but they run best on diesel. Anything offering less power will make the driver work the engine harder to make up for that. Harder work translates into shorter life. That's the way I see it. Feel free to comment no matter whether you agree or not.

JamesM

Mine has 34,xxx on it and i have done several full fluid changes since I have owned it (about 8 months) mostly due to off roading adventures and water fording. But it seemed like if not all, most of my drain plugs were CARCed on so there is no telling how well it was maintained before I got it.

I drive it nicely but I have taken it on a handful of long drives (long for the truck anyways) and have ran it at around 52-55 mph and it seems to do fine.

I have had only an issue with my transfer case though and my front pinion bearings so far (which I fixed by replacing each respectively)

I am really on top of all of the maintenance though and that should help with its longevity (in theory. lol)

It is a great running truck and I hope to get 100k + out of it!!