• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce loaded M-151and m-37

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be safe. That is a load and a half - I had trouble keeping my deuce with a M37 in tow in control coming down some of the big mountains on I-64 in WV. The M37 was pushing me down the hill and by the time I hit the bottom, my brakes smelled bad.

Like I said, be safe.

Recht71

I'm alway careful knowning what great brakes the Deuce has ( Not ). Last year going to Gettsburg on the P.A turn Pike Did real good . Just watched my RPM's and speed coming down . Let the engine do most of the work ,had no probem . I have what I need now to use the trailer brakes will be installing that in a couple weeks. Can't have to much braking power. Till later

jime

Be safe. That is a load and a half - I had trouble keeping my deuce with a M37 in tow in control coming down some of the big mountains on I-64 in WV. The M37 was pushing me down the hill and by the time I hit the bottom, my brakes smelled bad.
I thought I was going to have to take my deuce down 77 through WV and the thought gave me nightmares! What's the correct procedure on the downhill? Just run in a gear that the engine keep it at a safe speed?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driving my deuce BY ITSELF through WV on I-64/77 was fine. No problems in fifth gear, maybe touching the brakes once or twice. When towing the M-37 behind the deuce, or a load like a heavy trailer or a lot of cargo in the back, I highly recommend downshifting into fourth gear for the trip down. You'll be down around 40 mph, but let me tell you from experience, you'll want to take it slow when you have a 7% grade for 6 miles or so, and the view alone down the hill sucks seat-cushion foam into your own rear exhaust pipe...

Recht71

Don't be in a hurry I have a 7041 spicer AUX BOX behind my High -Low coming down 4th gear had no problem loaded . My truck could get away from ya with a the higher gear . Let the engine do it for you and like Maddawg said hit to brakes when needed watch your rpm's