• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce M35 Air Brake Modification

milbri09

Well if you had the $$$, you could look at www.meritorwabco.com. They have a link to there air disk brake parts. The single piston setups go as small as 13" and are goog for 15,000 pound axles. If you had the resources I think that you could make one of these fit. It will take some custom adapters, but you are already changing everything so go for it.

checho

front brake mount of ford 9000 will fit

(Im from Guatemala sorry for my inglish)
Im doing that conversion and I found that front brake mount of ford L 9000 will fit maybe ford l8000 to or an international 4000 series, but front, rears are bigger you have to do a work on brake mount to screw it to the plate that comes with the axle. remember that from the center of brake shoe to the original plate ther are 27cm so you have to keep that. You have to cut part of the l9000 barake shoe to because it is wider and m35 drum is not that wide. and then you have to put matchin brakces in back axle mounted on front brake mounts. I will send you photos wen its ready. But most important is that I put the complete sistem front brake mount plate and bracke shoe of ford 9000 into the drum of the m35 and it fit exactly.

Hi

I'm looking to convert my M35 to full air brakes. Does anyone know of any suitable replacements for the wheel cylinders to connect to air actuators or any complete kits for this. I would prefer just the wheel cylinder replacements as we can make all the rest quite easily with standard parts.

I remember finding a kit online years ago but not needing it then and cant locate it now, anyone know who does it?

Many thanks
Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks