• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce mech. oil press gauge

Boatcarpenter

I picked up a Gov. issue mechanical 0-80 PSI oil pressure gauge that I am going to install in the instrument panel, even has the slots so the dash lights will light it. What are your thoughts on the tubing I should use to connect it to the sender port? Copper or synthetic?
Thanks,
BC

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I prefer the copper. I get oil pressure gauge installation kits, from Advance Auto or Auto Zone. Nice little kit for about $8.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
#4 Stratoflex or Aeroquip. No vibration, heat, crimping issues.

littlebob

I picked up a Gov. issue mechanical 0-80 PSI oil pressure gauge that I am going to install in the instrument panel, even has the slots so the dash lights will light it. What are your thoughts on the tubing I should use to connect it to the sender port? Copper or synthetic?
Thanks,
BC
Where did you get the gauge from? At some point I would like to get one
military also?
Thanks,
littlebob

1stDeuce

I bought another air pressure guage for mine (psi is psi) and installed it as my oil press gauge. Works fine. Had some leftover plastic tubing from some other install, so I used it for this one. No more wondering if the gauge or sender is bad now... :)

(possibly inop 0-60 oil press guage and newer 0-120 sender for sale...)

C

scootertrs

Not a purist concept... but I just like Murphy tattle tale gauges... if your oil pressure goes south or the water temp goes north you can wire it to a big back up alarm horn and if you set it right maybe keep you from ruining a good engine... come in all sizes and ranges