• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce not idling!!!

tah081

soooo i changed the primary filter and bled the system like everyone said got it started and continuously running and idling ok but it still is bellowing plenty of white smoke and it has a pretty bad throttle lag… is that normal?… i also noticed the the rpms i think are runnin a little high at about 1100 at idle… it should be sitting between 800-1000 right?
when i bled the system it only bubble out of the bleeder valve very slowly… is that all im supposed to get or should it be squirting/spraying out?
i also noticed that it kinda sputters/backfires slightly… whats that about?
any info would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Keith_J

The governor functions as a balance of forces. Spring force, varied by the accelerator pedal counters the centrifugal force of the governor, dictated by the speed of the engine.

The balance of this force determines the position of the control collar. Since the lower end of the IP is lubricated by engine oil (multifuel) while the top is fuel, the two are sealed. And the single control for the fueling rate passes though this barrier. As such, it has very small clearances which are highly prone to fouling.

Take the engine stop solenoid off. Then cut the safety wire and remove the two screws securing the fuel control lever. Remove the hitch pin connecting the control lever to the governor. Now soak the control lever in Berryman B12 carb cleaning solvent for a few hours.

Reassemble making sure the notch in the lever's pawl match that in the collar around the hydraulic head's plunger. Grease in the pawl's socket will help hold the pawl in correct position.

Viton o-ring on the lever mechanism in case the existing o-ring is shot. New safety wire, then coat the gasket in Permatex Ultra Black before reinstalling.

tah081

ps i didnt know there were so many SS members here in SA! thats really awesome!
i dont want to ask too much of you but considering you live here in town is there any way you might be able to show me in person what your talking about?… i could compensate in :beer: lol

Keith_J

ps i didnt know there were so many SS members here in SA! thats really awesome!
i dont want to ask too much of you but considering you live here in town is there any way you might be able to show me in person what your talking about?… i could compensate in :beer: lol
I have a few things consuming my spare time so sometime next week? Weather permitting.

Been so busy I haven't looked at the weather forecast to see when our next cold snap is coming. Had to change the clutch in my daily driver, release bearing was in pieces.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks