• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce oil change at oil express!

jakerecon

So took the deuce up to the local oil express for a typical oil change lol. I brought the filters and they hooked me up! Charged me $60 to do the work and for the oil ! I can't even buy 5 gallons of shell 15/40 for that price! Those guys were great, highly recommend if you don't really have a convenient place to do fluid changes.

Attachments

rwbrown72

That is freaking funny! I would never have had the stones to try that! Too cool. :beer: I bet those dudes about crapped their pants..... I wonder if they would do the Diff's too?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is too wierd, I was thinking of doing the same thing soon when I passed a quicky lube place driving home from work a couple hours ago!

jakerecon

Yea they were excited about it to say the least. Every grown ass man in that shop wanted his picture taken in it. We felt like celebrities . It made it so easy, they greased all the fittings too, tire pressure. They said it was their privilege to work on it! The mgr told me i have to bring it back for all fluid changes, im not going to argue when they do it for under cost! I told him i was going to post on here to the guys and let everyone know how they took care of truck. He said he will hook anyone one up from SS.

Stonepicker1

That is so cool.
Did they make a mess draining the oil?
We would always have the new guy(Soldier) go and change the oil on our Duces in the motorpool. They would get oil all over them when they removed the drain plug.

jakerecon

Yea it did drain all over the guy in the pit lol. They washed off anything they got on the engine or the truck. Im going to take it up there in a couple weeks and do the fuel filters and the rest of the fluids.

Did the same thing over here a few years ago with a Saracen APC Qwik fit had a deal on £12.99 for up to 1200cc £15.99 for up to 2000cc and £18.99 for over 2000cc. Said they couldnt do it because they couldnt get the filters so said its ok they are in the back.:D

Thats Awesome just make sure they tightened the drain plug or else that $60 might not be such a great deal awesome deal to bad i live so far away i only have 2 m1008s love the duece that thing looks awesome Merry Christmas From NC :beer:

austinaubinoe

Did the same thing over here a few years ago with a Saracen APC Qwik fit had a deal on £12.99 for up to 1200cc £15.99 for up to 2000cc and £18.99 for over 2000cc. Said they couldnt do it because they couldnt get the filters so said its ok they are in the back.:D
WOW they really let you do that? Thats kinda a retarded deal, you would think it excludes trucks!

212sparky

what location is this? i need an oil change and that would be a nice place to have it done. i see a convoy needed in the future :p

O.D. Fever

I also had the local oil change do my duece last year, brought them the filters. I asked them first and I think they thought I was joking. I came back within the hour and their eyes were popping out of their head. Had to show them how to do it and yes they get the oil a lot cheeper than we do $60.00 and out the door. I also asked them about their drain oil, they said 35 cents a gallon you pump..:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks