• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce on 46" tires!

cessnatwin

Here is a pic of my truck up on the 46" inch tires! What a pain in the ass that job is! I would like to thank PETE up at John Winslows for his help throughout my truck project! They are very good people and very knowledgeable, if you guys need something call these guys! They are great! Thanks Pete for your help and friendship!

Attachments

cessnatwin

Good Question! The same one I asked Pete up at Winslows in N.C. ! He said either order offset front rims from someone like clinto to whom I spoke to last night to whom is very good with this stuff and has rims in stock, or cut the center of another rim out and use it as a spacer behind your stock rim. As of yet I have not done anything, but I will because it does rub in tight turns as you know too! But, it does look **** good, drives 10X better, and is faster! No complaints here!

Snarky

But, it does look **** good, drives 10X better, and is faster! No complaints here!
Indeed, I say it's well worth the trade off. The speed, the handling, the reduction in the impact of bumps. I say its well worth adding a few more points to turns in certain situations. I can generally get my deuce in and out of spaces better than most folks with their duallys with powersteering anyways.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He said either order offset front rims from someone like clinto to whom I spoke to last night to whom is very good with this stuff and has rims in stock, or cut the center of another rim out and use it as a spacer behind your stock rim.

What about using HEMTT/5 ton rims with the bolt in plate with the deuce 6 lug pattern that bolts in the center? PCTrans had an ad in the classified section a few weeks ago with HEMTT rims. Don't know if he has any left or not.

BTW, sweet looking deuce. :D

Ruppster

Preacherboy

With hemtt wheels and the adapter plates, changing the offset is all about where you put the plate. If you put it on the outside obviously the tire will be closer to the fender well. If you knock out all the studs and put the plate on the inside (replacing the studs) it will sit farther away from the fender well.

The different offset wheels that I have seen are just the plate on the outside and the whole wheel is flipped around. This was done so that the rear wheels will track the same without flipping the hubs.

Of course, there could be other hemtt wheels with different offsets that I haven't seen.

Mitymac

Are you guys using the stock outside dual, mounting 395s, not flipping hubs on rear.
Then using hemit rims in front to track the same as rear?
Thanks, your trucks look great!

Preacherboy

Mitymac, I've seen the C & C wheels, they are hemtt wheels in the rear, just flipped around so they track the same. The adapter plate is on the outside of the wheel, but turned in towards the truck. I will not be taking my wheels apart though to show you and take pictures, they are too heavy to mess around with!

C & C wheels are nice, and safer and better than stock rims with big tires...I just do not like the look fo the rear wheels just flipped around. I think it is better to just flip the hubs. The pics of my wheels and tires can be seen here http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/49211-hemtt-wheel-adaptor-plates-4.html

Unforgiven

Those C&C rims do look nice. The fronts have a 2" offset if I remember reading it correctly. That would make a 3" backspacing for a 10" wide rim. Or did they have a 2" backspacing from a 3" offset, I can't remember.

Maybe Mr. Tax Man will be nice to me this year and give me some of my money back next April 15th.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks