• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce on the GL - Is it really worth this much?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I certainly wouldn't pay that for it.

Monster Man

supply and demand- there's a zillion bases back east auctioning this stuff off, and it mostly stays in the east. The closest place to buy a deuce from a dealer is in Idaho, I am aware of no other dealers on the west coast. When GL has a rare deuce for auction in CA, it always goes high, for junky equipment no less. There's so many wheelers in SoCal it is very tough to get anything you could consider a deal.

rdixiemiller

I guess it depends how badly you want one as to what it's worth. I paid 3K$ for mine and drove it home. I recently turned down an offer of 5K$ for it. I would pay no more than $600 for a parts truck. I would consider $2500 a decent price for a runner, one that maybe needed paint, seats covered, had mediocre tires, but no major mechanical issues. $4000 would be for a nice truck. Over that it would have to be exceptional.
My opinion only, of course.

ktm380

I looked for a while before I found mine for $2k about a mile from me, drove it home that day. The only thing bad on it is the tires.

Opie

A mile! You lucky dog! The eight hours home from Ohio to Virginia on the interstate were...interesting.

ktm380

Thank you! I got it at an estate auction, their must have been over 50 people looking at it but I was the only bidder. The bidding did start high at $8k, he went down from their. I must have drove past this house hundreds of times never seeing it in the back yard. Just luck reading the news paper that had a very small ad about it.

bozozimbo

I bought mine off Ebay. I paid $4100 and drove it home 300 miles. I would have paid as much as $5000 but luckily the seller wasnt much of a photographer and it didnt look that good on the auction site. I used the phone quite a bit and picked his brain as to condition. I wasnt wrong . I am extremely happy with my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks