• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Owners in Northern Ohio?

YoungGun

Do many people actually drive their trucks on the road, other than to/from parades etc? Or do you get into trouble and require a commercial plate?

I'd like to be able to drive mine on the road more than a few times a year!

Maxwell1815

I am in Lima, my deuce is currently down for the count, (at least for a couple more months) See: Major Meltdown thread. But feel free to send me a pm, stop down, or whatever. My insurance through progressive is $200 a year...not too bad. No questions asked, except for the VIN and how I will be using it. Lemme know when you get one! I don't currently have it registered, because of the engine mishap, only had it for 2 months with temps from PA. But I did drive it everyday to work, and plan on going with historical plates.

russ132

Hi there from Kelleys Island. I am suprised you have not seen me driving around in my duece. I am in the Sandusky area fairly regularly. My duece is bobbed, and I still had to register commercially due to the weight. It was a bit of a pain. I had some trouble at the DMV just because it was not the normal every day vehicle, but then I went to the Fremont DMV and they were great. I registered it straight commercial due to the rules associated with historical plates. Insurance was not to bad either. Is the truck you see by the firelands winery? I just saw that one the other day. If you ever see me feel free to wave me down I would be more than happy to give you the tour. Good luck with your quest.

YoungGun

I'll keep my eye out. I don't actually live in Sandusky, but one of the tiny towns outside of it.

I see a Deuce in Norwalk a lot, and I have seen that one over by the firelands winery.

YoungGun

The guy in Norwalk had one for sale all last summer, and I should have looked at it, but never did. So, he had two, now down to 1 it looks like.