• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce paint opinions

panzerjunky

Ops
I posted my original request in the wrong forum
I am in the process of restoring my 71 deuce back to her original Vietnam glory or........doing a nice cammo job, I am partial to desert cammo as I live in San diego so what I was asking if any of you guys have pics of your rigs in desert cammo or vintage od green would you mind posting them to kinda help me make up my mind. Also what would you guys like to see more desert cammo or vintage OD with the hood numbers ,stars and the whole bit.
Thanks Jerry:-D

Chevytruck

he he he
check out this beautiful vietnam Era deuce!

the person who owns the vietnam era deuce is on this site :-D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKzuGlpKZIY[/media]

Last edited:

Orionspath

Deep Olive & Tan

Man that deep olive green really pulls at my guts! I love it. A fellow SS in S.C. once told me Sherwin Williams Olive leaf with 3 parts black added per gallon really made something sweet. I'll try to post a photo: the tan one is mine and I really appreciate the Tan at the beach.......works well in the mountains in winter too.....I really believe one day I'll have another one that can sport the deep olive found on the Vietnam Era USMC @.5's........Stand By.......

Attachments

Bill W

I redid my first deuce from early 4 pattern camo ( and water purification body) to solid 24087 now on my current deuce it will be either 686 desert or desert camo also

Attachments

Last edited:

txdodge43man

I think the desert tan can look sharp but it shows every spec of dirt and grease that gets on the truck. I like the Nam era markings and paint. here is a before and after picture of my truck I went Nam era USMC green.

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck really came out nice! Great job. I need to come visit you guys again, its been a long time.

Cheers

bob b

is rapco and or gilliespie paint a synthetic enamal i need that color in a straight enamel i will be sanding filling and painting over existing camo on truck for now can i use thier paint for this :?:

Bill W

Gilliespie states that its paint has a synthetic base stock ( what ever that means) but its really just a alkalyd enamel ( aka indutrial paint ) the beauty of it is that its a very forgiving paint to shoot and yes you can shoot it over (prepped ) enamel/carc paint jobs

ida34

I use my own Harbor Freight spray gun HVLP. When I started spraying CARC I need a gun with a 1.8 mm tip so I got another HF HVLP gun and it came with a touchup gun. The 1.8 tip is usually used for primer and high solid paints. If shooting CARC be sure to get a gun with a 1.8mm tip. These guns were all under $100. I will probably never use a rattle can again since I have the touch up gun.