• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DEUCE PAINT

littlebob

I want to spray the front part of my chassis and drive train tommorrow or friday while weather permits. I boght gillispie coating primer and paint and want to get it done in a two hour window of daylight I wil have.From what I know the paint and primer are both
alklyd what purpose would the primer serve? I've pressure washed and degreased it half a dozen times and told my self enogh is enogh I have to move forward, while weather permits. On the can it says to use hardner if you plan to recoat, anybody know of a hardner compatible that I could purchase locally?
Thanks,
littlebob

mcinfantry

i painted mine in a field with color only (NO PRIMER) with a hvlp gun and the deuce running (how do you think i got air in a field)

you saw how THAT looked...... lol. im 100% happy with it

btw, i could use a door handle.

PI work almost got me killed, literally 2 nights ago..... im taking a little break right now

Towman2277

motorolanut said:
Anyone looking for original CARC paint I have a tele # of a guy who can hook ya up. He bought a bunch a few years ago surplus..
I could use that number please!! I do heavy off-roading and need the original CARC... Thanks!!

littlebob

Well I got abou90% percent finished with the first primer coat when the compressor died. I was trying to finish this part of it while the weather was good and now I hope the weather forecasters are as wrong as as they usually are around here, because they are predicting rain tommorow evening and its still outside with the front wheels off. I would post some pictures but both of the kid's were in a soccer tournament this weekend and when it died I blew it off to go see thier games. My son teams is new and lost all of thier games and My daughters team made it to the finals to lose by two.
littlebob