• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce parking brake question

panzerjunky

Hello Gents
Can someone tell me why I can get a whole axle worth brake shoes for $17.00 to $35.00 But the Gol D%&* parking brake is $260.00 plus.:evil:
Has anyone replaced the pads on their parking brakes with one of the relining kits available if so describe the un riveting and then the re riveting procedure.
Thanks Jerry

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Keep surfing ebay-deals occasionally come up. Most I've paid for a new set is $50 + shipping. Just be patient.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Clinto; paid 65 and shipping a few weeks ago for a NOS set. However, if you have a clutch/brake shop in the area, it is worth the while to ask what they charge to re-line your original shoes.

Big Earl

Park brake

I riveted new pads on on my first deuce, I think I bought them off of ebay fairly cheap? They worked like new...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took mine to Franklin Truck Parts. They re-lined them with some generic, cut to fit stuff. Works great! Cost me $25.00

If you want the OEM stuff, the above posts are correct, just keep an eye out on e-bay, sets pop up from time to time. I got a set minus the rivits for $45 shipped.

Last edited:

jimmcld

We have two pair. I don't remember if they are NOS or depot rebuilds. Anyway, they should fit into one of those standard boxes if anyone wants them. What would you offer as a donation to Vietnam Veterans of America?

Jim