• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Pickup early tomorrow morning in VA

K9Unit

Well tomorrow morning I'm taking a 150mi road trip to VA to get my Deuce. I'm going to try and get there exactly at 8 in the morning to get a early start before it gets to warm out. I'm off today to get temp. insurance and tags in hopes to drive her back. I'll also be picking up a pretty good list of stuff today to help with driving it back. Engine oil, oil for the transmission and rearends, Dot 5 brake fluid, coolant, extra battery, jumper cables, air tank, bottle jack, standard tool set and 3/4 drive tool set, belts, fuel, hearing protection, a pillow for the seat ! :D different hose clamps and rubber hose a couple empty buckets and whatever else I can think of... ohh camera, I talked my little sis to go along and take alot of pictures since half of my time on the road will be on the bridge and going through the tunnel. Is there any specialty tools I should take with me thats standard when most of you guys pick yours up on a G/L base ? If I have left anything out or your thoughts would be greatly appreciated :) I'll let everyone know how things went and get as many pictures as I can. thanks !!

WildSide

Good luck. You sound very well prepared. we'll all try to keep Murphy tied up for you. If you haven't previewed it and don't know if it will start, you might want to take extra batteries (2) from The Wally Mart and return them if you don't need them.

Ryan

K9Unit

Thanks... I think I was just informed about "murphy" *lol* I was told it runs but I dont want to drive the whole way and something happen that I could of prevented. I never really had much luck with the "never start" batteries from wally... I Mean "ever start" I'm just going to grab one or two optima batteries and then I'll put one of them in my front end loader when I get back and keep the other for a spare if needed. thanks for the insight ! :D

M-37Bruce

Re: RE: Deuce Pickup early tomorrow morning in VA

K9Unit said:
Thanks... I think I was just informed about "murphy" *lol* I was told it runs but I dont want to drive the whole way and something happen that I could of prevented. I never really had much luck with the "never start" batteries from wally... I Mean "ever start" I'm just going to grab one or two optima batteries and then I'll put one of them in my front end loader when I get back and keep the other for a spare if needed. thanks for the insight ! :D
Well tell us how it went, slick I hope?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks