• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce prices way up on today's end auction

EdMontana

Had 4 USAF Deuces that I was looking at and they all went pretty hi, I stop bidding at $3,800 and one went just shy $5,000! :shock: ...I know they are a little better but they were not even that good looking.....What's up with that? too many new guys bidding now or all the propaganda "be good or will scrap" paid off? :roll:

beaubeau

We are in a Recession!!!???

:ditto: I was watching prices on the Deuces also, and I bid on a 818 yesterday and I don,t believe I got it for $3400.00! I got to wait for Confirmation tomorrow, but I don,t believe a 5 ton bought for less than the deuces are going for. Good luck, Phil :driver:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw one sell in TN today for a little less than $900. I bid $850 but someone outbid me at the end while I was away from the computer. It did have a hole in the oil pan and was kind of rough but it did have a hardtop and these things will bring over $1500 in scrap around here at the moment :shock: .

EdMontana

Re: We are in a Recession!!!???

beaubeau said:
:ditto: I was watching prices on the Deuces also, and I bid on a 818 yesterday and I don,t believe I got it for $3400.00! I got to wait for Confirmation tomorrow, but I don,t believe a 5 ton bought for less than the deuces are going for. Good luck, Phil :driver:
I got a XM818 in very nice shape, running and everythig working for $2,470 just in Feb/08!!

jeli

Loose Deuce said:
I would think the high fuel prices would slow the sales on the Diesel Hogs. :lol:
I agree but with scrap prices so high I think people are thinking they'll come out ahead either scrapping of flipping them.

MilitaryRestoration

:ditto: I just got my m818 cheaper than the deuces went for and half the price that the previous 5tons went for and they were in half as good a shape as mine... so prices are all over the place right now... as for the high fuel prices and diesel hogs... sadly my 5ton doesn't get better fuel mileage than my 1ton chevy with 454 but it does get just as good, so id rather be driving the 5ton and having fun than drivin the chevy... a buddy of mine knows someone who is just stock pilling the deuces because metal prices are only going to go up and up especially when the US has a very big problem ahead of them when we ship all the metal overseas and which most of doesn't come back along with a lot of our plant shutting down.... so metal prices are going to rocket soon...working in a metal plant/fab business we see the worst of it :-/

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The good deals are still out there, it just depends on what auction the newbies are bidding at, and where they are not. Chin up...

Michael

I was watching 4 late model M35A2's in MS. One closed at $2500 and it wasn't the worst one. The rest brought about $3800. One had the gage panel out so it might not even run.

NB1944

Several friends just purchased several vehicles at a GL auction - one purchased a M818 for $1500, another got two parts trucks for $700 each, and several others purchased running vehicles for $2500 - $3500. Not bad. I can't believe what's happening with MVs and scrap metal! I think its ironic that we need to have all sorts of paperwork to purchase a GL vehicle that cannot be sold outside of the US (I think this is a good thing), but if you scrap the the thing and then sell the metal (no doubt to some putz who will then sell it to the Chinese), you don't need any paperwork!! I wonder what 'intelligent' politician came up with that one?!

EdMontana

NB1944 said:
Several friends just purchased several vehicles at a GL auction - one purchased a M818 for $1500, another got two parts trucks for $700 each, and several others purchased running vehicles for $2500 - $3500. Not bad. I can't believe what's happening with MVs and scrap metal! I think its ironic that we need to have all sorts of paperwork to purchase a GL vehicle that cannot be sold outside of the US (I think this is a good thing), but if you scrap the the thing and then sell the metal (no doubt to some putz who will then sell it to the Chinese), you don't need any paperwork!! I wonder what 'intelligent' politician came up with that one?!

Cannot be sold outside U.S. if you elect to not to in your EUC. They can be sold and exported to friendly to U.S. countries without any problem.........

Blood_of_Tyrants

I have found that a large number of vehicles that up for auction appear a couple of months later in a different auction. It may be that the buyers backed out or their CC was refused or they couldn't get and EUC. For whatever reason, keep watching the same auction yard and those geuces may end up on GL again.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blood_of_Tyrants said:
I have found that a large number of vehicles that up for auction appear a couple of months later in a different auction. It may be that the buyers backed out or their CC was refused or they couldn't get and EUC. For whatever reason, keep watching the same auction yard and those geuces may end up on GL again.
The one I metioned in the earlier post had already been "sold" once. I think either there are a bunch of people bidding and not paying for them after they've won or GL is running the bid up and ending up buying them back :shock: .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks