• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Purchase?

Twindad222

Ok, so my buddy and I have decided to buy a couple of these machines. (M35) We are excited to pull the trigger however we have a few concerns.
1. How to title in Florida?
2. Insurance?
3. Major things to look for and stay away from? (Jeep vs. AM General, etc.)
4. Must have's when looking for one?

Any other things you all could think of would be a great help. We are reading as much as we can online to find these things out but, talking to guys who we can learn from is a huge advantage. Thank you all for your help.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy:cookoo:

99 percent of your questions can be found by using the search function...these topics have been hashed and rehashed.

If you get stumped post a question and we will be gled to assist.......we help those who help themselves.

If you're not doing anything this weekend and need an excuse for a road trip come on up to the GA Rally.

You will learn more about MV's (and their owners) than you want to.

91W350

I would read the deuce recovery threads. You are probably talking M35A2 trucks. They are all pretty much the same. Go to JA Tonk's site and download the operators manual for a good start. Condition and care is everything. Glen

Last edited:

JOHNBAMFRAMBO

They should already have titles unless you are buying them from GL.

The thought is that we would be purchasing from GL. Is there anything to be take into consideration when doing so? Thanks in advance for all of the help. This site has already proved itself to be extremely useful and I appreciate the opportunity to be a member.

Motorcar

I love my M35A2, got it from GL 2/10 and use any excuse to drive it...need a candy bar from the corner store...get the Deuce! I found this site AFTER I made the purchase and was waiting on my EUC. I spent hours on the serch function and still do on all my questions. Am I glad I got one? You bet. Should you be good at repairs to keep it going or have a good truck shop near by? Yes. Do the time reading here so you don't jump blind, once you know what you are getting into it can be alot of fun!

Goose2448

Welcome to SS!

As far as what you want in one, what are you going to use it for? How much do you plan on driving them?

Insurance, Good Luck. FLA has high rates, mine went up 4 times on my civi's when I moved from PA.

Things to stay away from, Possums, Thats WM's thing

How to title, Historic, tags are like $10 a year, and you dont need to display them.

The nice thing about FLA is that you can drive just about anything on the street, and no one cares. Trust me, I have seen some interesting things here in Lee County.

Vondy

What to look for on an M35a2.....? These trucks came in many configurations, hard top, soft top, winch, no winch just to name a few. Look at pics online or check out threads on here with pics. Start forming yuour own opinion on what you think you need or what you think looks cool, and go from there. The sky is the limit with options, but the more options, the higher the price. Remember that all these were built the same and things can be added later.

KsM715

As far as differences between manufacture........ There are none. They are all built the same. The only difference I know of is the turbo. A whistler is a "C" turbo and the other one is a "D" turbo.

Ride2Kill

I would definitely read the recovery threads! Thats what I did when I bought my first deuce. This has been gone over and over again and the info is out there. If you haven't already, be sure to educate yourself on the Gov Liquidators web site. They have a live chat if you have questions about anything that it doesn't already answer. Just remember to get everything ready for your EUC before you buy.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best money you guys could spend would be to go to the GA rally this weekend even if it's only for a day. Guarantee you will learn alot about deuces and 99% sure you will drive one if you want.2cents

firefirefire90

you live in the #1 state for licensing and titling anything. That's where all my friends used to license and title cars that were imported into the US but were not ever made for the streets in US.

TJP

I will give you some unsolicited advise, this sh*t is addictive and a h*ll of a lot of fun.

Welcome to the site. :beer:

CobraCDR

Welcome! Lots of advise out there and lots of opinions. Read up (here and the manuals) and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for and get the help you need.