• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Quarter-Mile Times & Speed ? ? ?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
QUESTION:

Has anyone gotten times for a Deuce on the Quarter-Mile Drag Race Track??

I'm looking for Elapsed Time and Top Speed Figures for a typical Stock Multi-Fuel Deuce with turbo.

Somewhere along the way, I've seen times mentioned in other threads, but I wasn't successful with a SEARCH.

Surely SOMEBODY has run their Deuce down the Quarter-Mile :jumpin::driver:

The reason I'm asking is for listing stats on another website for a Christian Car Club that is primarily tricked out minis and lowriders and such. As far as I can tell, I'm the only Deuce owning member. If anyone else is interested, here's a link....

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club

Obviously, I'm not as concerned with the actual track performance of The Ark, but they have the blanks to enter the data so I thought I'd try to find some "generic" stats.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a deuce that runs in the 10's......minutes that is! Seriously though, if you run your deuce near the governor at 60 MPH it would take 15 seconds to cover a quarter mile. Plan on well over a minute to cover a quarter mile from a start.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I KNEW this question would gets TONS of smartazz remarks:!: That's half the reason I posted it anywaze:-D Thanks for the banter :idea:

Unfortunately I need SECONDS & MPH to fit the formatted blanks on their data page. SUNDIAL just won't fit - - - rofl

tm america

There was someone that did a thread on this he ran 28-29 sec in the 1/4 .His truck was probably turned up..i think it would be hard to say what a stock truck runs as there are so many of them that the fuel rate has been turned up or down:driver:

Just a suggestion. Since I'm not sure if the tracks around you are closed for the year.

Why not have some one in the truck with you with a gps and stop watch, take the Ark out on a highway really late so it's basically deserted, pull into the shoulder, have co-pilot set up and on his mark pull out and start your run. As long as it's a large enough highway, you probly have no chance of breaking the speed limit in 1/4 mile.

James

Pawnshop

If I ever get the chance to find out with my own Deuce, I will NOT pass it up, that would be a blast! Bracket racing would be fun, I bet you would be the only one in that bracket. I once saw, at a VW meet in Houston, the finals of a bracket race. They ran the winners of the fastest and slowest brackets heads up with a delayed start for the fast one, the VW Bus (30 second bracket) beat the 6 second drag car by a nose, the crowd went BONKERS! People love to root for the under dog...

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a vericom. I will check next time I am out. Might take a rainy day as they salted the roads yesterday and I won't drive it in that. I'd loan it to a local member, works on anything though some deuces will need to have a 12v bat set next to it (mine has 12v avail at the dash.

Tools like this would tell who's is quicker without actually having to race side by side. 0-55 are fun too, lateral accel in G and stopping in G or distances are also recorded

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, gentlemen [thumbzup] I was confident that somebody would remember that thread and how to find it.

For generic purposes, I'm going to insert 30.00 sec and 45.00 mph in the speces provided. I doubt that anybody will dare go head-to-head with me for fear of embarassment. (Mine, of course.)

Thanks again for the help.

lonegunman

Well my trusty A3 has a top speed of 56mph, so 0-60 times are almost out of the question,,hahaha. I did hit 60 on a slight down hill right after I got the truck, it was bouncy.

1/4 miles times? Having never done it offically, I'd still put it in the 20-30 second range. Merging onto the highway the A3 is a bit quicker than most other big truck or bus sized objects until you hit 50mph. Then you start runnning out of RPM.

91W350

I ran a M139 about 70 miles, pretty much flat out and I am not sure we never hit 45 mph. Good thing it has a large fuel tank... different engine, different truck, but a multifuel deuce is speedy compared to that thing!

Last edited: