• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce question

Keith_J

M35A1 and A2. The A1 variant used the 426 CI variant which was not very durable, hence the A2 variant with the 478 CI 465LD/T/S.

M35 was gasoline OA330 and A3s are diesel only.

from what minimal information i know the earlier m35a2 came with a gasoline straight six and a sprag transfer case. the mid are the more common m35a2 came with a mutifuel straight six and an air shift transfer case. than the newest model is the m35a3 comes with a allison automatic transmission and a catapilar diesel (deisel only) also the remot tire pressure contol. i hope this helps i am not shure how accuret this info is but there you go.

GoHot229

The whole concept behind the multifuel was the inconsistantsy of combat situation availability of the proper fuel. The idea was to use whatever was available short term until the right suitable fuel was procured.

emr

A 2 and a half truck ton called a deuce and a half really is an M series thing, They were jimmys as a cckw, so the cckw would not be an answer for his question, to be a putts, but will add they started out gassers and went to multis , then an upgraded multi for a few reasons, but not because the 427s were worthless , actually they were and are runners for sure. and they were solid, they did have a head gasket problem that they had problems with mostly in theater. under the condions of vietnam to be more on it, and even the 465s had an up graded version of the head gasket, so the answer is if U find a gasser it has probably been in private hands a long time, and the upgraded trucks were done through out there life, the 465 is very close to exactly a 427 ......a little more bore is really about it, and to bolt one in is only different in the front cross member, the 427 has 2 tabs like the gassers, and the 465s got an upgraded cross member and the bolt holes are cast into the block, the rest of the motor most people would have to read the tag to know the difference....Now the A 3 is a diesel , but I usually do not include them, but they should be they are the last upgrade a very awesome and historic truck ever got,