• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce radiator info...yes I searched.....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Did a search, radiator, cores, search all terms.....;)

Question:

Number of cores in a multifuel radiator, I found reference to "3 cores" are there more than 3? and if so, how many?

I have a couple of trucks that won't stay cool, or have damaged radiators and I want to get them recored.

Thanks,
Ed

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I had mine fixed...don't ask, The shop I used asked what it was for. They said it was an unusual core. I have heard that they are difficult and expensive to replace. Thankfully, mine was good exceptfor the drain bung that I twisted out.

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FMJ, I've got a buddy in the radiator business in the oil patch--all he does is commercial type radiators. If you need one re-cored, let me know as i have a spare, and can get it done for you and we just swap out.
Jimbo

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Jim, I've got three that need looking at. Yeah Will, they always ask what it's for, then when you tell them, the $$$ signs appear in their eyes......

I just had mine redone to the tune of $700.00. I was told by the radiator guy that the new core had to be installed onto the bottom half of the old tank and that very few places can do that. He was on the phone awhile and 2 weeks later I got my radiator back.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Deuce radiator info...yes I searched.....

Dave_McConnell said:
I just had mine redone to the tune of $700.00. I was told by the radiator guy that the new core had to be installed onto the bottom half of the old tank and that very few places can do that. He was on the phone awhile and 2 weeks later I got my radiator back.
HUH?, every radiator I've seen, the tubes just connect to the tank, be it the upper, or the bottom.....700.00 for a recore!!!!!! might as well buy a new or rebuilt one.....ACK!

Kwai

Have you tried having it cleaned. May not need a recore.
My M109 didn't get above 220 at the 104 deg road temp except on the steep long grade outside El Paso.

Earl_Beverly

M-35 a2

Hi Jimbo, I found your post while searching for a M-35 radiator. I have 2 that need new cores. If you are no longer doing this, possibly you can post the core supplier and I can have a local shop do the soldering.Thanks, Earl Beverly