• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce re-power with Cummins 8.3 from 931A2

gametender

When i do my deuce i would like to put the 8.3 in it and have the fuel pump turned up. I also want to install the power steering and find which transmission will work. If I build it I want to build it right since I will be driving it all the time =D

rustystud

Finding a good, reasonably priced transmission will be the trick here I think. Engines can be swapped from almost anything. Getting the drivetrain right is where it gets sticky ! Since we have to use our transfer cases ( a civilian model one would be horribly priced ! ) and I not a fan of driveline shorting and lengthening ( costs a lot of money ! ) that leaves us with the small space that the 3053 lives in.

jrobinson5093

I think the five speed spicer would be nice also. It would be real nice if used with a air actuator to control the high low function of the transfer case. The 8.3 should make enough power that the big difference in rpms from 3 to 4 would be so bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks