• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce recovery 9/29/10

mcmullag

Sorry no pics from today but just wanted to give a shout-out to Crash_AF for helping me recover my new-to-me deuce today.
Joe met me at Ft. Carson today with his 1 ton CUCV and I was driving my current deuce. We used his slave cable and his pickup to jump start the new beast after I checked the fluids. I followed him in my new-to-me deuce w/w, as he attached his 1 ton
pickup/cucv to my 'old' deuce and drove that back to my crib. All went well.
Thanks very much to Crash_AF for all his help.
I won the auction on 7/8/10 and got me paid in full invoice 9/28/10.
Took the vehicle to the carwash this eve and sprayed it off reall good,
including the inside of the cab. Have to start getting it parade ready.
My old deuce is a 71 Kaiser Jeep and the new one is a 87 AM General. :driver:

Attachments

wiggall

After my wife,and I experance in driving around DENVER We WISH THAT WE WERE IN A DUECE, and NOT A FORD TAURUS:-( The drivers there ARE NUTS!

mcmullag

Ya run into a lot of nuts and freaking idiots in most large cities whilst driving.
Best to be prepared by at least being in a full size pickup for when
ya get hit by these idiots. I spent 29 years driving in the St. Louis Metro area,
know what ya mean. One of the worst places I have experienced is HWY 70 around Independence and Kansas City, MO. Be extremely careful and stay back from the idiots dodging around traffic there.

Flyingvan911

Nice looking trucks. Yep. I live in KC and I-70 can be crazy. Makes you wonder what would happen if everyone had flying cars. It would be a good way to eliminate some dumb people.

Last edited:

mcmullag

Pikes Peak or Bust

I think it has the dual circuit brake system, I have not crawled all the way under it yet to check that out. I found an artic front for it, folded up under the passenger seat.
I have not taken a deuce up Pikes Peak but that is something I have been thinking about doing for awhile now. I imagine an empty duece would do fine going up there. Will definitely take photos if I do take the truck up there.

jollyroger

Maybe we could incorporate that into an MVCC event. I could just see it now......Get yer picture taken with the deuce. Step right up folks and have your picture taken with a deuce and a half at almost three miles high. Just five dollars and you can have a picture with the deuce........I know the european tourists would do it. Every time I see one of them they are snappin' a picture of my trucks for free.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks