• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce registration - Louisiana

Kharville

Hi all. Just got a Deuce from another SS member and got it back here. I have gotten insurance so far and got the details from the DMV about registering with the VIN on the bumper. I am going to state police next week for affadavit of inspection. Can anyone in LA that had this done in Baton Rouge tell me what to expect? Thanks, Ken

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LA Special & Prestige Plates DMV

Simple process. All state trooper wants is to check data plate vin and record on numbered form. They are not looking at equipment or safety check. Call as here in New Orleans, they only do it on certain days.

Stencil vin in yellow or white only. The law was written before tan trucks with black numbers.

Take pictures of vin stenciled on truck. Bring clear color pictures of stencil (they keep), inspection form, notarized bill of sale, title, and proof of insurance to the Special and prestige Plate DMV unit next to State Police hq. This is not the regular dmv! They can not do it! I prefer to go in person but you can mail it in with fees. I find face to face is best and this office is not busy. Average time from walk in to out the door has been 30-45 min for me.

http://web01.dps.louisiana.gov/omv1...93b8b938b2da57ef862564af00690bf3?OpenDocument

winfred

that sums up my experience nicely, the inspection place is on the government street east side of the big state police compound, but the dmv side of it is on the opposite end of the compound, i cheated in that at the time had a buddy that worked in the crime lab and knew everybody so i just followed him as he short cutted through the buildings with his pass card

Simple process. Average time from walk in to out the door has been 30-45 min for me.

Kharville

Thanks. I have already been to the special division and gotten paperwork to fill out. Will be doing the Vin stencil today. If there is no equipment checks I suppose the 395/85/20 tires won't be an issue. They do make it taller. Will see Tuesday morning how it goes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks