• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Registry????

Should a Vehicle Registry be created to cover all Deuce and a halfs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neil2007

I was wondering what the interest would be of creating a Deuce Registry. Nothing too fancy, just basic info... at this point I've not been able to find a Registry for Deuces (of all variants)... I did find a few registry's for MV in general, but they didn't cover the Deuce!

I've also seen evidence that this was brought up before on SS, but I'm not sure what ever happened with it.

This is what I envision...

1. Simple Registry with basic VIN and Manufacture data (date, manufacturer, model, etc...

2. No verification of the info at this point, just a simple listing hosted either in a new public accessible forum on Steel Soldiers site, or I can host it from my webiste if it would be better to keep it separate from the main Steel Soldiers Forums.

Whats the consensus on this? Does it sound like something people think would be good?

I'm thinking of this (and for those of you who know me, you've probably figured out why I want one) mainly because I'm having trouble confirming the existance of any more of the 530 series Firetrucks... but I think it would be a great thing to do for all deuces...

Lets hear your thoughts!

Later!

Neil

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I brought it up before. I have all the data to do the registry but it we did that, what would I do on here? Also how would the wounded warrior non-profit (that I do not work for nor know anybody that works for them nor have any routine contact and have only had 2 emails from in several years) get donations.

Plus it would be virtually impossible to put all the into in there nor could we at this particular time.

neil2007

Have I missed something? How did donations to a non-profit get involved here?

I brought it up before. I have all the data to do the registry
but it we did that, what would I do on here? Also how would the wounded warrior non-profit (that I do not work for nor know anybody that works for them nor have any routine contact and have only had 2 emails from in several years) get donations.

Plus it would be virtually impossible to put all the into in there nor could we at this particular time.
What kind of registry are you thinking of?

I'm hoping I've missed something on a previous conversation about a Registry, can someone please fill me in on what I'm missing???

(FWIW I'm just proposing a simple Registry to collect info on KNOWN deuces, kinda like a guestbook of peoples rigs...)

Thanks!

Neil

Last edited:

neil2007

Personally, I wouldn't have any objections to keeping it for all MV's. I have already found registries out there for most all (EXCEPT the Deuce and a halfs) MV's that I could think of...

The only hard part to creating a registry for all MV's would be creating a drop down menu on the Registration site that lists all of the different MV's. :shock:

If someone has a full listing of the basic Versions of MV's I could start with that and try to come up with a simple version of the Registry over the next few days...

Neil

stumps

Have I missed something? How did donations to a non-profit get involved here?

What kind of registry are you thinking of?

I'm hoping I've missed something on a previous conversation about a Registry, can someone please fill me in on what I'm missing???

(FWIW I'm just proposing a simple Registry to collect info on KNOWN deuces, kinda like a guestbook of peoples rigs...)

Thanks!

Neil
What Carnac is telling you, somewhat obliquely, is he has access to a database that has all known information about every deuce that was ever owned by the US Government... post Korea, I think.

For the last several years, Carnac has been providing this information on a case-by-case basis. In return he has suggested that those that benefited from the data he provides give a donation to one of Carnac's favorite charities.

What more could you hope to accomplish than what he already has?

-Chuck

neil2007

What Carnac is telling you, somewhat obliquely, is he has access to a database that has all known information about every deuce that was ever owned by the US Government... post Korea, I think.

For the last several years, Carnac has been providing this information on a case-by-case basis. In return he has suggested that those that benefited from the data he provides give a donation to one of Carnac's favorite charities.

What more could you hope to accomplish than what he already has?

-Chuck

AHHH HAAA!!! I DID miss something!!! That explains MY confusion!!! (or at least any confusion related to MV's, and this thread... Life on the other hand...Well... I better stop there!:grin:)

Thanks Chuck for filling me in on this...

AND a BIG Thankyou to Carnac for doing this for all these years...

I need to talk to Carnac about this, but my gut tells me that what I'm proposing is still a little different. The registry that I'm envisioning would deal with identifying the SURVIVING MV's, where as (if I'm understanding things right (which we all know I have proven in the past to be not very likely :oops: ) his registry database info deals with the MV's that would encompass all the MV's that the military orignially ordered (kind of like how a vin decoder would be used by Auto Restorers to find out info on all (as an example) Ford Mustangs vs a registry of all known to still be in existance Shelby Mustangs)...

Anyway I'll PM Carnac and after that, if I still think theres some merit to starting a registry (so as not to reinvent the wheel) I'll let post a message back here to let everyone know.

Later!

Neil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks