• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce repower

FreightTrain

Banned
well,Cancel this plan.Unless I drop a semi axle under the rear end,Gut the front axle so it doesn't have shafts or a chunk this idea won't work.Driptroits are Governed at 2100RPM and I don't feal like driving around in a deuce with a screaming Jimmy at 35MPH maxed out.

I would love to have a detroit in a duece. You can't miss a detroit scream once you have heard them loaded. they are awesome. add in a manual tranny and someone that knows how to shift it and you have music gold. I used to pull antique tractors with 371 detroits in them. they were always in the top usually first but once in a while second place. i have more trophies than you can shake a stick at. they always said "it ain't over til the detroit sings." And I always lived by those rules.
here is a good sounding truck with an 8v92. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuKKvyRigoc&mode=related&search=

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FreightTrain said:
....Driptroits are Governed at 2100RPM and I don't feal like driving around in a deuce with a screaming Jimmy at 35MPH maxed out.
Not the 6V53! Yes, they screem but easily rev up to 3000rpm!
If I ever wanted a two-stroke in a deuce it would be that one!
G.

spicergear

Put the V12 in the bed, run it up to an added T-case (like a V-drive), run that to the stock T-case and you're set! Won't haul much, but you'll pull whatever you hook to- :)

If I do another engine swap I will go Detroit. I LOVE the way they sound spooled up.

5tonpuller

There is nothing like the sound of a 238 screaming Nelly. At on time there was a comp. here had them in there trucks. ( looked like 238 ) You know when they was coming.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks