• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce road trip preparation

Crazyguyla

If multifuels carry spare injector pumps.. should gassers carry spare carbs, distrubitors, wires, plugs, and fuel pump????

rofl :beer:

rmgill

road flares, safety triangles, spare bulbs, various sprays and cleaners, brake parts cleaners, contact cleaner, spray lube, etc.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just figured out why everybody is getting such poor milage. Your trucks are overloaded with spare parts! Sorry i couldn't resist. I think the best thing is to make sure you truck is in good shape before you leave. If not, don't go. I've been able to count on mine to get me home even when problems arised. They will tolorate a lot of abuse and keep running. When i was assigned to it in the FD i wasen't very nice to it and it still got me and the crew home. It's been through flood water over the hood for hours at a time, driven through walls of forest fire and ran over things i hate to admit to. I knocked off countless mirrors, blinkers, fuel tanks and a spare tire.
But on the other hand, just as soon as you take out that extra spare part you will need it on the side of the road!

Towerguy1

I will be carrying my towbar. Much cheeper to find a vehicle with a pintle hitch than pay big $$$ for the big tow truck!!!!

But really a good list would be common with the "Picking up your deuce" list.

Have basic fluids handy, DOT 5 Brake fluid, GL 1 or Equiv Gear oil, Antifreese, WD-40, a good water remover fuel suppiment, Greese gun, Motor oil
General spare parts, Headlights, marker lights, flashlight, fuel filters, Small collection of nuts/bolts, A few short pieces of verious sized heater and fuel tubeing, mechanics wire, electrical wire, Electrical tape,Tube patch kit, Troublesome parts related to your truck, and dare I say it ......Duct Tape.
General tools, A complete socket and wrench set, pliers, vice grips, a good jack, lug wrenches, a gladhand airline, a prybar.

Im shure Im leaving out something...... Whatever it is , it will be the item you need most!!

Heavysteven

Why the glad hand connector guys if you have an air connection under the glove box. Just thread a quick connect to it. That's where I get my air.

A towbar would be nice, belts filters, gear oil, motor oil, coolant, tool box. That what I have.

Check your all your vents or replace them. This is a must ask me about my front axle.....