• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Serial Number Location

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was working on the deuce today and noticed the last five digits of the truck's serial number stamped on the right side of the rear frame crossmember. There are other digits stamped on the left side but do not match anything i'm aware of. Never noticed it before today. It does have the complete nine digit serial number in the usual location on the front left frame rail.
Anyone else notice this on theirs?

Crap! Spelled Deuce wrong in the title!

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it stamped with about the same sized stamps as the front frame numbers? I'll look at some trucks tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Smaller, but more noticeable, didn't have to scrape paint. Thinking it may have been stamped during it's rebuild.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I try to use my spellcheck with every post. I guess I slipped last night.:oops:

Believe it or not, I put my pants on, one leg at a time, just like you guys.

I am never offended with constructive criticism. 2cents

Now, back the the thread topic!

jimm1009

Very interesting find. I did not notice anything here on my M35A2C but will look tonight and report back on this thread in the later PM today (barring rain).
The spot on my frame where the heat treat date and s/n are located for sure is the left front area just behind the steering gearbox mount.
It takes a lot of paint stripper on some trucks to expose it.
jimm1009

jimm1009

I just looked at mine and the paint is actually pretty thin there due to an entire repaint after blasting by Uncle Sam.
No numbers visible. I may strip the paint to check but not tonight as rain is predicted.
1972 M35A2C

jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks