• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce shutting down after 2 minutes???

beaubeau

Thatvalve is used for Deep Water Fording. It's been over 40 years since Motor Transport School, and I cannot remember exactly what it is for. I know there is a plug to install in the bell housing and all other deep fording gear must be in place. high exhaust, air cleaner adapt., and maybe it could shut off any other Vented Hoses to the engine comp. Phil

beaubeau

I beleive the vents for diff. may close automaticly when in water. Some vents work to let preasure out, but not in.I have had the opport. to drive a Mv into 6ft of water, to the point I stood on the seat. Made it all the way accross the water. !!!

littlebob

An easy way to check for a venting issue would be to just take the cap off the tank and see if it keeps running. If that helps at least you know where to start looking. If it doesn't I would check the supply issues stated above, elect pump, colapassed hose, crimped line or filters. I just started mine after being down for a year and had a lot of water in the tank from condensation as it had only 1/3 tank. I would also drain the bottom of the filter bowls and tank to check for moisture.
Good Luck,
littlebob

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looked through troubleshooting TM's and nothing about run then shut down. Is there air in system after it shuts down?
I might start with in tank pump pressure 5-7 lb.engine not running.
Long shot but if intank was not working could IP suck air from a possible hole in the line that is in the tank?