• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce sighting in NH

namedpipes

So I was on a drive with family and my son calls out "DAD! There's a Deuce for sale over there!

We turned around and it turned out he was right! Well...

It's a '73 AM General w/ drop sides on display at a truck service. And its only $6995! (cough) For MY first deuce that seems a little steep, but it was very cool to see one. It's along Rt 111 in Hampstead NH near "Beantown Coffee".

Carl_in_NH

Steep? That all depends; are they going to stand behind it (for a short time - because they have gone through it)? If they are selling it, likely the title issues are not a factor for this one. Is it very clean and without any rust? Does it have a winch? A hardtop? A heater? If you answered 'yes' to all thoes questions, then it's not all that steep a price for a private sale.

People talk all the time about $1000 deuces from GL; not in New England. An unknown truck with rust and no winch will go for $2000 from Fort Drum in upstate NY. The same truck with a winch, hardtop and heater will often hit $4000 - sometimes a little more. Most of these trucks have been run in a salt environment for decades, and the body will show that.

Price often depends on the details.

namedpipes

Steep? That all depends; are they going to stand behind it (for a short time - because they have gone through it)? If they are selling it, likely the title issues are not a factor for this one. Is it very clean and without any rust? Does it have a winch? A hardtop? A heater? If you answered 'yes' to all thoes questions, then it's not all that steep a price for a private sale.

People talk all the time about $1000 deuces from GL; not in New England. An unknown truck with rust and no winch will go for $2000 from Fort Drum in upstate NY. The same truck with a winch, hardtop and heater will often hit $4000 - sometimes a little more. Most of these trucks have been run in a salt environment for decades, and the body will show that.

Price often depends on the details.
Well, too steep for ME, then.

Negatives: Soft top, some cancer at the rear of the front fenders / front of runner board. No winch, no ribs/canopy (or at least not with the truck at the time). Some bubbled carc. It was unattended and I didn't want to just open things up without permission so I'm not sure if/what turbo it has (the exaust stack looked skinny compared to the photos of turbo trucks).

Positives: I think I did see controls for the heater though and it has the folding troop seats. Tires looked ok including the spare. The truck overall looked worn but servicable. Other than that area of thin metal cancer I didn't notice anything obviously wrong with it. The drop side bed in particular looked solid.

This was a spontaneous visual (no open panels) HEY! inspection by someone not experienced at inspecting Deuces and actually I liked it. There could be horribles in it or it could be great besides the negatives I saw.

Carl_in_NH

Agree - without the winch, hardtop, cargo cover and with rust, I'd say they are too high. Drop sides do add to the price of the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks