• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce sized trucks at the Korean War Museum in Seoul

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I tried to post this once before but the site timed out on me so I resized them myself to speed up the posting process. These static displays are at the Korean War Museum in Seoul. They are just a small portion of what is there and if you all want me to post a more comprensive set of pictures I certainly will in a few more threads.

The first photo is on the dome of the memorial it is a South Korean Soldier embracing his brother who was forced to fight for North Korea as they met on the battlefield. This happened many times on the front during the war.

Attachments

M37Dodge

Do they have KMAG material? I am setting my Dodge to look like my buddies unit. He went to Korea in 1948 as KMAG, one of the last out of Seoul after the invasion (bridge was blown early), was absorbed by the 24th ID, was wounded driving a Jeep over a mine, was captured after surgery at a field hospital (he survived b/c he made himself stand and walk even though he just had abdominal surgery and lost 2 fingers), and spent the rest of the conflict in a POW labor camp.

After all these years, he is starting to talk about his Korean War experiences. I want to honor him and what his friends did using my truck. This is why my truck is marked as a KMAG truck (although it should be a Dodge WC51/52 rather than a M37). So, any KMAG info from the museaum would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks