• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce soft top part number

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a canvas top marked with PN 123000649. When I look up that number on Google I see a lot of listings saying it fits an m35 & 5 ton so my assumption was they meant 800 series 5 ton and deuce.

But when I put the top on my deuce frame, it's about 4-5 inches wider than the frame. It sags between the top bows.

Seems more like a 900 series 5 ton top based on that.

Anyone know more about the proper PN for a deuce?

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That P/N is what the TM9-2320-260-34P-2 shows in fig.460, item 2. You have it (almost) correct... just remove one "0".

And yes, this parts book is for the M809-series trucks, but it should as well fit on the M44-series. Obviously not if it really is that much wider - which sounds strange BTW, for being a canvas cover. (Normally that material tends to shrink, not the opposite...)
But then, to go on a M939-series cab, 5 inches isn't enough, since the WS frames of those are 11 inches wider than the Deuce's and M809 5tons..

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks @gringeltaube , Ive never messed with 5 tons & didn't realize the 939 cabs we're that much wider. This cover is NOS, so maybe I need to figure out how to speed up the shrinking of 11 lbs of canvas.

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks