• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Spring Mounts On Bed?

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to know the purpose of the four bed bolts with the double sping arrangement at the front of the bed frame. It seems to me they would serve no purpose given the six hard mounts on the rest of the bed rail.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
the deuce frame flexes, a lot. Those other six mounts are basically all close to where the rear suspension connects to the frame (or are behind it). The front two mounts are pretty close to the halfway point between the front & rear suspensions.

Farmun

I thought about that too when i seen them . Wiht out the spring set up i could see it cracking a frame .
Or bending the bed. The frame is made to flex, the bed isn't. It would be cool to see how much flex is actually occurring at the point where the spring mounts are. Guess one could twist the truck up and see if the spring collapses all the way.

Bill W

This setup is quite common on lots of vehicles, I had front spring tension bolts on my F-800 fuel truck and see them on many others types.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks