• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce stalls at speed!

yamabro

I also had one with a ton of crud, Ran her low and cleaned that sucker out, now she purrs. I bet it hadn't been cleaned in over a decade

maxxplanck

Same thing here xjrockrawler, exact same thing !!!!!! I changed out my primary fuel filter to a new bolt on system. Didnt have enough time to change the secondary to the new bolt on fuel filter and guess what the same thing happened to me yesterday on my way to my first MV show near Lansing , Michigan. One thing I did notice was when I went to get fuel for the first time yesterday ( original tank from the first owner who used wast oil ) I saw sediment in the tank ( I think he didnt filter his wast oil ). So now I get to install my secondary fuel system and flush out my full tank of fuel. Any tips on flushing out my tank, i figured I would pump out the fuel and filter that, then take the bolt out of the bottom . But how do I get most of the sediment out ? Just keep flushing clean fuel through it ????

greg2560

If it got alot of crap in it pull the tank and take it to a car wash and blow it out with high psi water. Then dry good and get all water out and put it back on

maxxplanck

Well my tank was taken off to see if that was part of the problem, holly s*&t. It was bad , lots of sandy like stuff. So it got several gasoline flushes then a good power wash. Next I need to install my secondary bolt on fuel filter. Just orderd all new belts thats next, any advice on putting on new belts ?

Jimma

Mine was doing the same thing a few weeks ago. To get home what I did was go under the truck with the power switch on and opened the drain valve on the primary filter flushing out the crap in the bottom section of the filter housing and getting the water out. I let about a quart run out then closed the valve. The truck started fine and I drove on home. After I got home I changed the filters. Opening the valve and flushing the canister out a bit really helped and the power came back and I made it home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks