• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce startup!

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
m39a2 is the series of trucks. Your truck is probably either an m54a2 (regular wheelbase cargo truck) or an m55a2 (long wheelbase cargo). I can't quite tell from the picture posted above but more pictures would help. The bed on the truck now is not original.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Probably an m55a2 but possibly the frame has been lengthened. In the picture from the front it doesn't look like the tandems are far enough back to be an m55a2 but the frame is definitely longer than a standard m54a2. Do you have a better picture of the fuel tank?

Scrounger

That truck looks to be an M54A2. The intermediate axle indicates a standard wheel base. It was probable made in 1968 or 1969 by Kaiser Jeep. The front turn signal lights are also of that era. As already posted the bed in not stock.
If it does have the multi fuel motor it should start with some pretty nasty fuel. If it were me I’d check to make sure the engine has oil, there is some fuel in the tank and the in-tank fuel pump is working. When the power is on, one can hear the pump running. Not knowing what kind of equipment you have available I’ll leave it up to you to figure out for batteries.
Then I’d see if the engine will turn over and maybe start. I can see no reason to dump any money in it if the engine is locked. If is starts then make sure it has coolant and what not.

dmetalmiki

Huge task there, but at the right price and a lot of effort..you should come out on top. It will need a strip down (that body for sure)..Long term (fun!) project. good luck..keep posting especially with pictures of progress.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice acquire there Robself!

See the Facebook page link in my signature for Utah locals. I know of at least two forum members, "red" and "wadefreedomvehicles" down in the Lehi/Orem area that have M39 series parts for sale!

Last edited:

rustystud

So it doesn't have any batteries I'll plan on getting 2 group 31 batteries from Interstate I heard the refurbished ones were only around 45 - $50 is this true?
Yes it is true, but most dealers do not carry the refurbished batteries or the "seconds" (factory blemished) . My best friend owns a gas station in Seattle and used to be able to buy the "Blems" for real cheap, but his supplier stopped carrying them.
Seems most people want a "Brand New" battery even if the refurbished or blemished batteries are just as good and half the price.

Robself

Hey everyone, so i went and picked it up today and it started right up! We checked the fluids and everything was good! The breaks didnt work but after working on them sone we got them going pretty good! It took about 5 hours to drive about 75 miles but i made it home so thanks everyone for your input! I do need a exhast manifold gasket, e break pad, and another gas cap. I dont know if napa sells this stuff but do you guys know the part numbers to any of these? Atleast the exhast manifold gasket

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks