• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce t-case in a 5 ton

sirmrtow

thinking of building a 5 ton bobber
could you use a duece t case in the 5t so you could have a air shift and save wear and tear on the front end or would it be to weak :-D

powerhouseduece

If I am not mistaken, the drive shafts on a 5 ton are on the passenger side and the drive shafts on a deuce are on the passenger side.

Im working on putting a air switch on my truck while I have the front of the truck off the ground. Ill let you know, but from what I have seen, if you kill the air supply to the transmission valves, the sprag will free spin in both directions.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will find the 5 ton had a very different drive flange for the output and input shafts. You would have top have some machining done to make adapters to fit the shafts to the t-case.
We have never torn out a deuce t-case with turned up engines, so I do not think strength will be a big issue, especially if one uses sense in driving it. The 5 ton has basically the same engine as the deuce.
You would need to get lock out hubs for the change to be fully effective, or you will still be spinning the front axle components like the deuce does. The air shift does not stop the spinning of the front axle components. Hube could be very pricey.
I have not seen a kit for the 5 tons to make them air shift. I would like to know about it if there is. The gear ratio for the front and rear drive are different in the 5 ton t-case, so the kit would have to be quite expensive and there would have to be some rather major tear-down of the t-case to install it.
All in all, I do not think you would save what it would cost to install the deuce t-case.

Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks