• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce t-case issues

m35kimber

hey everyone, just picked up my 71' M35A2 from Kublos Surplus yesterday. The truck ran great the whole ride home (4 hours) and everything seems to be working good....... however today i decided to try out the 6 wheel drive. When i flip the engagement switch on the dash i could hear a bad air leak coming from under the truck and the indicator light didn't come on. It was leaking so bad that within 20 seconds the low air buzzer was on. When i went under the truck it sounded like it was coming from the top of the t-case and sure enough it's coming out of the vent on top. Anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen?? :???:

DieselBob

Sounds like the piston seal in the airshift solenoid is bad letting the air pass into the transfer case.They make a replacement kit that has a new piston, seals and boreliner. I would give Kublos a call and let them know about the problem. They may send you the kit gratis sense you just purchased the truck. Worth a try.

Transfer.jpg

Found it

Kit1.jpg

Last edited:

m35kimber

Ok thanks, i was going to give ken at kublos a call tomorrow. If the seal is the issue would it be possible to just clean it up and replace the seal?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
................ If the seal is the issue would it be possible to just clean it up and replace the seal?
I doubt it, but you can try.
You will have to remove the old cylinder assy. anyway, so you might find what caused the massive leak.

G.

edit: oops... sorry, misread your post!
Yes, replace the seal but you'll need to know why it failed!

Last edited:

DieselBob

If you do that. Be sure to double check the bore and the piston seal grove to make sure there isn't something like a burr or nick that cut the seal.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd call Kublos. I'm sure they will at least send you the parts to fix it to make it right.

m35kimber

I just got around to looking at this today, is it possible to remove the cylinder assy without lowering the t-case? it looks like there's only 3/4'' clearance between the cylinder and the cross member that runs directly under the drive shaft connecting the trans and t-case.

m35kimber

Well I got it off the t-case..... Anyone know where I could buy the kit to replace the seals and piston? I thought I could just match up a o-ring but I didn't realize it uses a special seal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks