• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce tanker

germ

I've been wanting to get a deuce for a while now and I think I found one I might be able to work out a deal on. The only thing about it is, it has a water tank on it. So my question is what is a tank like that worth? Thanks

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I scrapped out a deuce tanker (it was rusted to crap) and sold the stainless steel tank (I cleaned all the other metal off it) for over 600 bucks. If it is an M49 there are a lot of parts that can be salvaged and sold. If it is in good shape I wouldn't scrap it. Tankers are not all that common.

germ

I think its an orginal tanker. A fire dept. has it and was using it. The guy I talked to said the tank has two different chambers and it was in good shape. I don't have a picture right now and it would be about a week before I could get over there and get one.

germ

How much would a good running tanker sale for? I want one to play with not a tanker but if I could get a good deal on it and sell it to get what I want or trade it. I would do that to save something that someone else might want.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Price depends on condition. Fire department trucks can be gems or junk depending on how they were taken care of and if they were heavily modified (hacked to pieces).
If it is a good runner and in fairly original shape I'd say it's worth at least three grand. I'd lowball them since you can always go up. Bear in mind it prob spent a lot of time sitting which can cause a lot of problems (crud in fuel tank, dry rotted tires, electrical probs (especially if it has been "rewired") and brakes can be issues.
If you want me to go with you to check it out send me a PM with contact info. You are only 30 miles away from me.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's a factory tanker it should have at-case PTO, that alone is worth $500. I think the most (if not all) fuel tankers are stainless but some of the water trucks have aluminum tanks. I know a old M50 I've got has a AL tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks