• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Tire, What type is this

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Saw this time on Lonesome715's deuce that he bought today.

Was wondering what type of tire this is? It looks similar to a USMC LAV tire, is it the same?? What would the handling be like with such a tire, better or worse the NDT?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sam/Pawnshop's M35 came from GL with those tires, singled on the rear. I drove it 80+ miles home for him, during the course of which we did San Antonio/Austin city driving, interstate, and the Texas Torrential Rain test. The truck handled much better than I expected singled out like that, didn't really feel different from my previous experience with Deuces on dualed 9.00 and 11.00 NDTs.
This trip was, of course, unloaded.

The rather holey old canvas cab cover, however, failed the rain test completely. Even with sunglasses on and a towel tied around my face, there was just too much water in the cab to drive and I finally surrendered and stopped!

Cheers

jatonka

M813rc, Your story is great. Reminds me of driving my Gun Truck, Aces & Eights , home from the Northeast Vietnam Veterans Reunion last July 28th in a Heck of a rain storm. Take a look at my avatar, no cab cover , no windshield wipers. At 50 MPH+ the rain doesn't make it into the cab. Anything under that and your nuggets are puckered.

Pawnshop

I like the 11.00 XLs, though I have no experience driving with NDTs (YET, the M109A3 will be legal soon......), and I have not felt adventurous enough to try mudding with the M35, though rain would be required to make the mud and Central Texas is apparently at the back of the rain line. If it DOES rain I will try to get it muddy to see how they do, and I got a new top so I won't drown like Rory almost did!

emr

I am a BIG NDT fan, but those michelins are a superior tire. just narrow enough to be really really awesome, and the tread not only looks mean it is...Randy

M37-1952

Tires in Michigan

Speaking of Tires,I need to replace 2-3 this summer. Where can you buy 9.00-20 NDT used or new for a good price in Michigan? Also , how much sidewall cracking can you live with?

Mark

1971 M35a2
1952 M37

1stDeuce

I'll hopefully have some mounted 9.00-20's to get rid of this summer. I found some old single style wheels and just need to buck up and order tires for them, then I have 10 used 9.00's that will need a new home!