• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce tires on the CUCV???

kenny

It might be kind if hard to air the down when you nead more traction in the snow or mud.
But on the good side if you ever had a flat you more than likely could drive in it with out hurting the rim.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats logic that is hard to argue with, right there....

AJMBLAZER

I had 36" HMMWV bias plies on mine with no lift. Alfa sold it to me that way. That's one thing...

8 inch lift with some 20 inch wheels and Mich 12.50 20 XL's. . . . foshizzle. . . :beer:

Wheel Finder - Truck & Jeep Wheels, Off Road Wheels, Cast & Steel Wheels
How tall would those be?

Only problem I see is the price of those wheels! Holy crap!:shock: Not to mention most of them have over 5" of backspacing to fit modern vehicles and they run rather wide.

I've considered the switch to 20's after my XL's wear out...which might be never...but the problem is there aren't many tires that would work (Continental makes a narrow 38" tire for the UniMog that would work...but it fits 20" rims) and the cost of the rims is exorbitant. By the time I have a set of 39"-40" Continentals and some 20x9's I could have probably bought a lift and some wider 38-40's on "normal" sized wheels. Then again I really don't want to lift or go wider...so half a dozen of one, six of another...

Wheels - SummitRacing.com

I'd shop at Summit LONG before I gave 4WheelFarts any money.

Not to mention once you get much past 40" tires you're going to need to do something about the gearing and these tires we're speaking of are **** heavy so there will be brake and steering upgrades to turn them and stop them and really you're getting to the end of the line for even a Dana 60. Anybody remember the Ultimate Super Duty project from 4-Wheel & Off-Road earlier in the decade? Those big 20" Michelins were snapping the D60 axleshafts quite easily.

jesusgatos

Why? Really heavy and need REALLY heavy, large wheels? My 11.00R16's are around 130lbs apiece on the wheels.
11.00R16's would be just about perfect for those trucks if you ask me. We almost bought some of those when there were all those lots up on GL down in Barstow, but the prices went too high. We were going to put 'em on my brother's Dodge Ram.

These are what you REALLY need though.

I think a better question than "why" is HOW? It would take a lot of lift to fit those under a CUCV...
Like this.

AJMBLAZER

That IS a good lookin truck!
Thanks!

11.00R16's would be just about perfect for those trucks if you ask me. We almost bought some of those when there were all those lots up on GL down in Barstow, but the prices went too high. We were going to put 'em on my brother's Dodge Ram.
A bunch of us on here and CK5 got sets of them when they were being surplused out a few years ago but now they're rare. There's a new set on Ebay right now and the guy wants $1000 before shipping.

What is that?

Yep, cut to fit and modify things! I've got 1" of front lift, an adjusted steering stop, and cut fenders. Soon to have the front axle moved forward an inch or so.

I have 4 -8 lug x20" rims that came off of a f350 4x4.They have 900x20 tires on them for sale.
What year F350? The 99+ Super Duties have a different lug spacing than CUCV's and most other 8 lug trucks.