• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Tool?

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There I was cleaning out the back of the green Deuce, when low and behold I found these two square metal doohickeys. I cleaned them up and they have the following part/NSN numbers:41-W-1962-100 and FSN-5120-708-3302. Not sure what they do, they look precision made and are the exact same dimensions: 1/2" by 1/2" by 2 1/2". Any ideas what they are?

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics wouldn't come out, tried different angles, too small an item, too cheap a camera:-(. Thanks for the link! Now I can check the levels with the "correct" tool:smile:

fasttruck

Gear case plug it is; instead of furnishing a breaker bar or drive with each truck a piece of square stock was provided and you used the issued adjustable wrench to opperate it.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say doohickey, they're usually made of metal. Dingus's are usually made of some organic material. Them other two words are so long they must have something to do with the engine. That's where all the really technical stiff is located! :mrgreen:

Westex

Reading this thread, I ain't commenting on doohicky or thingamajig or whatever, but I will offer that Harbor Freight now has some very handy flex handles with reversible socket adaptors on them that I have put through some trials, and they are great. I know, I know, not American made but for $20.00 apiece? ......

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless you have a thingamajig handy to extracate yourself from the sticky situation. On a secondary note: thanks for the heads up on the harbor freight tools![thumbzup]

stumps

Yeah, but does Harbor Freight have a thinga-ma-bob that does the job? 'Cause you're going to need one to get out of a sticky wicket.

-Chuck