• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce tools

rottiedog

Yes, I just read a bunch of posts from searching but I still have a few questions.

Bud wrench: It looks like it works with a breaker bar. Is there a square socket that anybody sells for the rear sockets.

One post mentioned the harbor freight 1 inch impact wrench. I am getting that which means I will need some 1 inch sockets.

Anybody sell a 3 inch socket for the spindle nuts. I borrowed one but it wasn't deep enough to fit over the axle.

So, I am basically looking for either NAPA part numbers for whatever will work on the duece wheels and spindle nuts.

Also, the air compressor tool, the search function has someone named Kevin selling these. Is that still true?

dm22630

1. You can run air tools from the emergency air on the rear of a deuce.....just pull the throttle to 1500rpms to keep air pressure built up.

2. You do NOT need a 1" impact. That will use way too much air & your supplies are limited. I use a 1/2" Ingersol-Rand impact gun from Lowes ($139) & can take lugs off no problem.

3. You need a 1 1/2" 6 point DEEP impact socket & a 13/16" square bud impact socket.

4. The spindle socket that you need is 8 point & uses a 1/2" ratchet to remove the spindle nut. NAPA sells them.

I would also suggest buying a 20 ton air/hydraulic bottle jack from ebay.

I can take the spare off, jack the truck up, change the tire, & remount the flat "spare" in 15 minutes by myself w/almost zero sweat. Try that with a bottle jack & a breaker bar.

rottiedog

1. You can run air tools from the emergency air on the rear of a deuce.....just pull the throttle to 1500rpms to keep air pressure built up.

2. You do not need a 1" impact. That will use way too much air & your supplies are limited. I use a 1/2" ingersol-rand impact gun from lowes ($139) & can take lugs off no problem.

3. You need a 1 1/2" 6 point deep impact socket & a 13/16" square bud impact socket.

4. The spindle socket that you need is 8 point & uses a 1/2" ratchet to remove the spindle nut. Napa sells them.

I would also suggest buying a 20 ton air/hydraulic bottle jack from ebay.

I can take the spare off, jack the truck up, change the tire, & remount the flat "spare" in 15 minutes by myself w/almost zero sweat. Try that with a bottle jack & a breaker bar.
thanks

jimm1009

Socket for lug nuts

Houdel was selling the sockets here on S.S. for about $17 or so.
I bought one from him a year ago and it works great.
It is a flat black, no-name tool just like Uncle Sam would buy
and correctly made for our trucks.

Update: Tool Discounter has the axle nut socket for about $18.50.
Link here> http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDisplay.cfm?lookup=OTC1907

You may (probably) need a 9/16 male pipe plug socket for your transfer case & transmission filler & drain plugs.
It looks like a 1/2 but most are not. Link below for S&K tool>

http://www.restockit.com/1-2-Drive-Male-Pipe-Plug-Socket-9-16-(SKT4124.html?prd=1

Search for SKT41248 and it will come up on site above.
NOTE: You can also buy the 3 inch axle nut socket from these guys too for about $5.00 more but it would
come from the same group and only one bill. Search for OTC1907 and it will come up
and the budd wheel socket (Proto 577-07524-LS) but it is about $18.00 more than Mr. Houdel's.

Jim

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks