• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce top (pic added)

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: deuce top

With canvas tops wouldn't you have to worry about water getting trapped in the roles? Looks good though.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've ran mine like that, was giving rides, worked out nice. The spacing on my cover is off for the ties to the bows, had to use a bungee cord in the middle. For some reason I have 1 more tie on the tarp than I do bows. Water did collect between the bows, nothing running the dump up couldn't take care of.

Lets people see where we are going, and keeps the more mischief kids from standing up.

Dennis

Last edited:

houdel

RE: deuce top

OK - pic shows up for me now. I guess if you like it and have a garage to keep it out of the rain, go for it. I don't have a garage and prefer the look with the sides down anyhow.

m35a2cowner

canvas help

Is there instructions on the site to properly put the canvas top on a Deuce? I just put mine on and I am not sure its on correctly. I seem to get gaps at the sides, so far no leaks but it hasn't gone anywhere yet. Also, water seems to collect every year in 5 gallon puddles. Fun to dump but not good for the canvas. I had good luck putting silicone waterproofer on with a pump sprayer. Fast and easy. I imagine you could even do it on the truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: canvas help

I rolled mine up inside out. A little more difficult to roll but keeps the water from logging.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Massm35a2 said:
I love the look with that 50 cal on top of that deuce. Wonder how far I could make ity like that without getting pulled over at gun point :-D
That mount is definatly a gun rack, and in many states rifles are cool in a rack even if restricted to transport otherwise. Sure would draw some attention though 8)

AMGeneral

Massm35a2,
About 20 miles if you don't pay attention to the blue lights following you down I-40 at night.Had a TNW M2 50 cal semi auto when I bought my deuce(it had a complete ring mount installed).Forgot it was there after a show and was on my way to a local cruise in in Hickory NC,within minutes of getting off I-40 I was surronded by no less than 4 squad cars,5 cops(2 with shotguns)ordering me out of the cab.After explaning my situation I was let go with a warning.

houdel

I'd suggest a .50 cal replica, but the cops still wouldn't know the difference anyhow until they had already pulled you over and has the SWAT team surrounding your vehicle. Just my 2 cents. Here in Michigan, a live weapon (loaded or not) is illegal unless it is enclosed in a case or otherwise inacessable to the occupants of the vehicle (i.e., in the trunk of a car), so gun racks are not a big seller out here!

Massm35a2

AMGeneral said:
Massm35a2,
About 20 miles if you don't pay attention to the blue lights following you down I-40 at night.Had a TNW M2 50 cal semi auto when I bought my deuce(it had a complete ring mount installed).Forgot it was there after a show and was on my way to a local cruise in in Hickory NC,within minutes of getting off I-40 I was surronded by no less than 4 squad cars,5 cops(2 with shotguns)ordering me out of the cab.After explaning my situation I was let go with a warning.
LOL

Brad900

Rizzo,
That is my truck. So far that is the only time I have run it like that. It only takes a couple of minutes to roll the top up like that & if it starts raining it takes about 30 sec. to have all the sides back down. That is a new 1 piece vinyl top with the roll up straps built in. With the sides down everybody ask me whats in the back, which is fun becuase I never tell them

Builder77,
I don't know about the canvas top but on my top you can roll it up at a slight angle so that the water will come right out.

Massm35a2,
I took it to my company picnic with the 50 up there, about 25 mile round trip, & had 1 police car wave at me. Next time I do this I will put a cover on it just incase the next police car isn't as friendly

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Brad, we were beginning to think that mudhole has swallowed you! It's been a while since you posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks