• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce trailer receptacle diagram

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't seem to find a good diagram that I can understand of the wiring for the trailer receptacle on a deuce. I need a shot showing me what prong is for what purpose. Is there such a thing? Searched and looked at the TM's a bit and didn't see what I was looking for.

Also, I have a trailer that I think has LED's. One, are all LEDs rated for multi-volts that could accept 24 V? and Two, how would I confirm that i have LEDs? They certainly look like it. Bunch of small lights instead of one bulb.

Thanks,

Eco

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...10001&storeId=10001&productId=24204&langId=-1

Is the link for the MOST common "total, built from the ground up" LED replacement brake light assembly... The key is look for the "hood" over the BO lights.

They will handle 10-30V easy.
I have them on a small M416 type trailer I pull with my 12V civy pick up and my MV's. The lights work great.

Most of all the US MV's in production today have "all LED" lights standard.

Bushman5000

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...10001&storeId=10001&productId=24204&langId=-1

Is the link for the MOST common "total, built from the ground up" LED replacement brake light assembly... The key is look for the "hood" over the BO lights.

They will handle 10-30V easy.
I have them on a small M416 type trailer I pull with my 12V civy pick up and my MV's. The lights work great.

Most of all the US MV's in production today have "all LED" lights standard.
Good loking lights. Any idea how much they go for?

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is for a different truck, but should be identical....
Any idea what this was for? I took my multi-volt voltmeter out today and tested the female receptacles on one of my trucks. I wasn't coming up with this diagram. I'' go grab the diagram I made up and report back which receptacle I found for different purposes. I'll also test another truck.

As for the LED's, I meant LED's on my civy trailer. Was wondering if all LEDs can handle a range of volts. As in, can I connect in with the deuce wiring and have them work? Or would they blow? I think I have LEDs on my civy trailer. I did pick up a 105 that has LEDs as you posted. They are sweet lamps. May change them out to one of my trucks.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using the diagram above, what I found is that: A = Right Turn, H=Left Turn (both = hazard/brakes) and D = tail lights.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They arent cheap.. Like $150-200 per light or so.

And no, NOT all LED can handle such a wide range of voltages. Most are very specific as to what they are rated for..

OD_Coyote

As for the LED's, I meant LED's on my civy trailer. Was wondering if all LEDs can handle a range of volts. As in, can I connect in with the deuce wiring and have them work? Or would they blow? I think I have LEDs on my civy trailer. I did pick up a 105 that has LEDs as you posted. They are sweet lamps. May change them out to one of my trucks.
FWIW - From what I have seen most LEDs for automotive applications are rated for either 12V or 24V and have resistors built-in to the lamp assembly for operation at their rated voltages.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
indeed. most are not interchangeable voltage wise. Been thru this all and done it by adding ressitors or by cnanging lamp bulbs.

AN/ARC186

I was looking for led trailer lamps for another project and found that some manufacturers do indeed make lamps that will work on either 12 or 24 VDC. and boy are they pricey!:roll:

Verkstad

I was looking for led trailer lamps for another project and found that some manufacturers do indeed make lamps that will work on either 12 or 24 VDC. and boy are they pricey!:roll:
Look at American Super Lights, They make a good range of the typical 4" round and 6" oval LED taillamps that are 8-32v and comparable priced to other manufacturers 12v only LED lamps. One thing, Its only their taillamps that are 8-32v, Their various marker lamps are 12v only.
Rgds,
Jakob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks