• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Transfer case PTO Woes and WTB

scootertrs

Just discovered an issue with my transfer case pto in my fire truck. seems the lubrication pump is not pumping (spring is broken) and bearings are shot. Replaced the bearings and looking for the spring. Found one in Caterpillar One source Book and I believe it may be fixed... still would like to have a backup... any offers (for not a real crazy sum of money)? I understand it may be worth it, but cash is scarce around my house right now. Should I check anything else in this pto? Thanks

scootertrs

Did that... all bearings are shot. replaced them, but the transfer case PTO had the spring on the pump broken in 3 places. probably the problem with the transfer case to start with. now I need to find a new transfer pto or the spring or the pump off the transfer pto

Thanks

scootertrs

well guys... seems we are good to go (at least for now)... Is there a basic inspection that should be performed you ascertain all is as it should be? I am actually considering the use of a pressure gauge in the oil circuit of the pto to let me know if it is working. any other ideas? My spring was broken... did not find out until it had chewed up the bearings in the pto and the transfer case for lunch!!! Luckily, the gears were not even marked. If I go the pressure gauge route, what psi am I looking for?

Any other ideas are most welcomed... thinking of installing a level switch for the prime pump oil tank (behind the pass. seat)

Thanks