• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce transfer case value?

hambo

I bought my deuce and it came with an extra transfer case. I believe its the air shift version. I was thinking about selling it but I dont know what its worth. Whats a ballpark value for one of these things?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Extra as in OEM new, as in fresh overhaul with tags in a crate or a loose takeout in unknown condition sliding around in the back of the truck before you got it? Big difference. Some info and pics would probably help.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no idea what a transfer is worth. However, I sold my loose takeout sliding around in the back of the truck unknown working condition deuce Spicer 3053 transmission for $100 a couple of year ago. I think the buyer liked the price and I didn't want to lug it around anymore, so it was win-win.

How much do you have in it? Price it according to what you need to get. Maybe it's low, in which case you might out a fellow SS'er. Or maybe your price is high in which case it won't sell so you'll lower the price until it does sell.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I've sold take out T-cases for 250 with the air shift valve and air lines. I have seen some higher and some lower.

212sparky

The last air shift tcase I bought was out of a parts truck. I gave $400 for it. Put it in a friends truck and have never had issues in the last 2 years.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't hardly give away a sprag. I do keep a couple around though because a lot of parts will interchange with a air-shift.

If it's a proven good air-shift, I'd think it would at least be worth $250. Maybe more.

You might want to hang onto it though. You never know when the one in the truck will take a dump.

hambo

Okay. Thanks for all the info. Im not totally sure mine is an air shift. I tried to look up pictures but couldn't find any that really specifically identified the case as an air shift. Anyone got any pictures of an air shift vs a sprag?

hambo

Here is my transfer case. I think the lever sticking out is where the black cylinder would be. Does this mean mine is just a sprag? uploadfromtaptalk1427393321967.jpg

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No. The lever is there to change the sprag from forward to reverse. There is a linkage that goes from the lever to the shift rail of the trans.

Definately a sprag case.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't toss it! Put it at the bottom of your parts collection crate! Deuce ownership mandates the slow but eventual collection of "someday" parts.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks